It’s Monday, but I’m not going to let that stop me. These are the things I am thankful for on Thursdays or Mondays – or any other days for that matter.
- I am thankful to have been born a healthy, white, heterosexual, british citizen. I have never faced discrimination or hate because of my skin colour, nationality, ethnicity, marital status, religious beliefs, sex, gender or sexual orientation.
- I am thankful to be gainfully employed. I have a roof over my head, food in my belly and clothes on my back. I can go out and enjoy my life without worrying about where my next meal will come from.
- I am thankful that my son is strong, healthy and happy. His needs are accommodated as are the majority of his wants.
- I am thankful for my family – all of them be they close by or distant. Be they estranged or not.
- I am thankful for the woman who tolerates my miserable, stupid, stubborn arse.
- I am thankful for the ability to travel as see new places. This year, London, Glasgow, Krakow, Devon, Crete, Portugal, Berlin.
- I am thankful that my friends are happy and content in their lives. That they are looking forward to the future.
- I am thankful that I will stand up next to my best mate next May as Best Man at his wedding. It’s an honour to do so.
- I am thankful for living in an age where I can connect with people from all over the world in an instant, sharing ideas and information that my parents and grandparents before them would never have access to.
- I am thankful that, in my own small way, I can make a difference to people’s lives.
<-- Look at this handsome couple.