It’s getting close… I can feel it…
I was at work when the email arrived, I nearly pee’d my pants:
Your order for Empire: Total War – Special Forces Edition (with Play.com Exclusive ‘USS Constitution’ Unlock Code) has been posted.
Posted today, so I should recieve it on release day or there abouts. Probably. (I hope). This is the version I ordered:
- Pre-Order Empire: Total War – Special Forces Edition from Play.com and receive an exclusive code to unlock the pride of the 18th Century US Navy, the ‘USS Constitution’. Internet connection required to unlock. Available to use when playing as the USA and your technology has sufficiently advanced. Codes will be sent week of release.
- Take command on the high seas. New real-time 3D naval warfare takes Total War’s unparalleled battle action to the high seas, with players commanding single ships or vast fleets.
- Become a founding father. Control the fate of the United States of America, from its revolution against the British to overcoming the challenges of a young independent nation.
- Brand new multiplayer component includes player rankings, leagues and ladders, and completely new gameplay modes.
- All-new graphics engine and technology features staggering real-time seascapes, new advanced landscape and flora systems, and dynamic weather.
Empire: Total War introduces a host of revolutionary new features, including true 3D naval combat. For the first time in the Total War series, you will be able to intuitively command single ships or vast fleets upon seascapes rich with extraordinary water and weather effects that play a huge role in your eventual glorious success or ignominious defeat. After pummeling your enemy with cannon fire, close in to grapple their ship and prepare to board, taking control of your men as they fight hand-to-hand on the decks of these wooden behemoths.
In addition, Empire: Total War will see further enhancements to the Total War series’ signature 3D battles and turn-based campaign map. Real-time battles will pose new challenges with the addition of cannon and musket, challenging players to master new formations and tactics as a result of the increasing role of gunpowder within warfare. And the Campaign Map – for many, the heart of Total War – introduces a variety of new and upgraded elements, including new systems for Trade, Diplomacy and Espionage with agents; a refined and streamlined UI; improved Advisors; and a vastly extended scope.
Special Forces Edition
The following elite units are included as part of the Empire: Total War – Special Forces Edition. This premium packaged edition for aficionados of the Total War series comes complete with an illustrated campaign map and unique Steam unlock code. Once the game is installed and verified by Steam, players can enter their code and unlock these elite units which will then appear in the single-player game:
- HMS Victory
- Rogers’ Rangers
- Ottoman Organ Gun
- Corso Terrestre Guerillas
- Bulkeley’s Regiment
I have been waiting for this game since it was first announced. It hope it will be totally legendary. I need it to not let me down. It’s gotta be fucking awesome or I think I’ll cry myself to sleep each night until The creative Assembly announce the next one in the chain (that or I’ll play some more Dawn of war II). I think I’m going to need some time off work to cope with the fap-worthiness of this game. Roll on Wednesday, and see you sometime some looong time, after Wednesday.
Empire: Total War is on it’s way. Good bye family, good bye friends, good bye social life, hello world domination, Colonial style.